PROGRESSIVE CINEMA COMPETITION
A jury chaired by actor, director, and producer Gael Garcia Bernal and composed of British director Sarah Gavron, Finnish director, screenwriter, and poet Mikko Myllylahti, French actor and director Melvil Poupaud, and Italian actress and director Jasmine Trinca, awarded the following prizes to films in the Progressive Cinema Competition:
- Best Film: PEDAGIO (TOLL) by Carolina Markowicz
- Grand Jury Prize: UROTCITE NA BLAGA (BLAGA'S LESSONS) by Stephan Komandarev
- Best Director: JOACHIM LAFOSSE for Un silence (A Silence)
- Best Actress - "Monica Vitti" Award: ALBA ROHRWACHER for Mi fanno male i capelli (My Hair Hurts)
- Best Actor - "Vittorio Gassman" Award: HERBERT NORDRUM for Hypnosen (The Hypnosis)
- Best Screenplay: ASLI OZGE for Black Box
- Special Jury Awards (suggested by the President to be chosen from the categories of screenplay, cinematography, editing and original soundtrack):
ASHIL (ACHILLES) by Farhad Delaram
THERE'S STILL TOMORROW by Paola Cortellesi
THE MONK AND THE GUN by Pawo Choyning Dorji
BEST FIRST WORK BNL BNP PARIBAS
A jury chaired by filmmaker Paolo Virzi and formed by French producer and distributor Adeline Fontan Tessaur and playwright and screenwriter Abi Morgan, awarded the BNL BNP Paribas Best First Feature Award (chosen from titles in the Progressive Cinema Competition, Freestyle and Grand Public sections), to the film:
- COTTONTAIL by Patrick Dickinson
Two Special Mentions for Best First Work BNL BNP Paribas were also awarded to the films CE ANCORA DOMANI by Paola Cortellesi and AVANT QUE LES FLAMMES NE S'ETEIGNENT (AFTER THE FIRE) by Mehdi Fikri.
BEST COMEDY - "UGO TOGNAZZI" AWARD
A jury presided by French actress Philippine Leroy-Beaulieu and formed by Italian director and screenwriter Alessandro Aronadio and Italian screenwriter Lisa Nur Sultan awarded the "Ugo Tognazzi Prize f"or Best Comedy (chosen from titles in the Progressive Cinema, Freestyle and Grand Public Competition sections), to the film:
- JULES by Marc Turtletaub
The Special Mention to "Ugo Tognazzi" Prize was also given to ASTA KAMMA AUGUST and HERBERT NORDRUM for Hypnosen (The Hypnosis).
Among the films in the Progressive Cinema Competition, viewers awarded the Audience Award to the film:
- THERE'S STILL TOMORROW by Paola Cortellesi
Audiences at the official screening and the first repeat screening of the film cast their votes using the official Rome Film Fest APP and through www.romacinemafest.it.
SIAE CINEMA AWARD
The call for entries for the SIAE Cinema Prize was launched last May, which goes to the project with the best screenplay-written by a screenwriter or scriptwriter under 35 of Italian nationality or permanently residing in Italy-for the production of a first or second feature. The award worth 150,000 euros will go to the Italian production that will make the film based on the winning screenplay. The projects were evaluated by a jury composed by screenwriter Nicola Guaglianone, film producer Carlo Cresto-Dina and composer Pivio, who awarded:
- IL PRIMO FIGLIO by Mara Fondacaro
AWARDS GIVEN DURING THE 18TH EDITION
The following awards were presented during the previous days:
- Lifetime Achievement Award to ISABELLA ROSSELLINI
- Lifetime Achievement Award to SHIGERU UMEBAYASHI
- Progressive Lifetime Achievement Award to HALEY BENNETT
- Progressive Lifetime Achievement Award to CAMILA MORRONE
Among the side awards:
- The FS Prize to OUR MONUMENT VALLEY by Alberto Crespi and Steve Della Casa awarded by the FS Italian Group.
- 'The Italy Travel Award' to L'IMPERO DELLA NATURA. UNA NOTTE AL PARCO DEL COLOSSEO by Luca Lancise and Marco Gentili sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism and Enit - National Agency for Tourism
The Lazio Region awarded the "Lazio Terra di Cinema" prize to JULIETTE BINOCHE.